Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rocks For Sale

Tyler loves to go through the rocks in our yard and find the ones that sparkle.  He always shows me the ones that have crystals, gold, or silver.  And then he tells me how much money he thinks they are worth.  

So today Tyler and his friend, Jacob, decided to sell today's findings.  They set up a little table and sign in the driveway, but decided to go door-to-door.  A while later, I got a call from a friend saying that Tyler came by trying to sell her a $100 rock and a $50 rock.  She told him she didn't have that much money, but she'd give him $1 for the small rock.  He decided that was a great deal, and came home thrilled to have a dollar.  In this picture, he's holding his dollar bill and his $100 rock.  He so thoughtfully let Jacob hold the "small" rocks.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Too cute.

I like Tyler's shirt. So do my boys.:)

Brenna said...

That is hilarious. Jake told me that they collected rocks, but didn't tell me that they sold them. HAHA!

I have SOOOOOO much to tell you about trek. I will call you later k?

Thank you so much for taking Jacob while I was gone. He had a blast and so did I.

love ya, Prot

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Marlane, I tracked you down and am thrilled to find your blog. YEA! :) Happy rock hunting Tyler!

Wendi said...

$100? Sounds like a steal! I'll take 20.

Jared said...

too funny...love the mindset there w/ Tyler! Hallie is all about selling everything she can get her hands on as well and also loves to find rocks that sparkle. She calls them her "crystal rocks". love the picture!
JJ

Renae S. said...

I loved this about Tyler. And Carter loves his same shirt too. How are you doing on the trek? I just tagged you so check out my blog for the details. :)