Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Poor Makenna


My poor little Makenna! 

Last week, she had a Frenulectomy done.  She was so good and confident.  She did great.  She had to be sedated, and that worked out great.  She said she was nervous, but she acted like it was no big deal.

Then yesterday, Makenna split her chin open coming down on the side of the pool.  This wasnt't the same exerience as the dentist office.  This time, she screamed and cried- loud.  I would have too.  It was really sad.  She cried for like a half hour straight.  And then when she got her shots (like 7 or 8 of them!) she belted out the screaming.  It was so sad!  Today, she's doing great, only a little sad that she's not suppose to swim. 




11 comments:

Jared said...

Poor little thing! That is all too devastating to be banned from swimming in AZ....pull out the WII, I'm sure Russ has one.
By the way, I feel dumb asking, but what is a Frenulectomy?

Carrie said...

It was so sad to see Makenna hurting so badly but she looked so great afterwards. I'm so glad that I could help out with the other kids and how perfectly it all worked out when it could have gone so badly.

Kristin said...

What a 'tuff' girl! Your family is so cute! I hope you are surrviving your day after scrapbooking the night away... Oh And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Way to go Makenna for being so brave at the Dentist! YOU ROCK! I'm sorry about your slide accident.

lvs2dance said...

Ouch! So I have to ask, what is Frenulectomy??? Any trip to the dentist office for more than a cleaning is YUCKY!

Jared said...

I have a nice scar under my chin in the same place from an AZ pool accident when I was 10 that resulted in 9 stitches... so let Makenna know JJ has her back!
JJ

Kristen said...

Sis. Hill! i'm so glad i found your blog! Makenna was so tough for her frenectomy, what a tough girl!! It was so fun seeing you, and yay now we can keep in touch through blog!:)

The Curiel's said...

So do I have to bake for you to be put on your friends list? ;)

Heather said...

Poor little girl! She is so big and so adorable! Kids definitely grow up too fast. Yours are so cute. Camden looks just like I remember Tyler.
Amberly found me and I, of course, found you through her. I'm excited to be able to keep in touch!

Brenna said...

K, I was wondering what a frenulectomy is also. So sad she had to have one. What a good sport she is.
love, Prot.

David and Andra said...

Hey, I had one of those! I didn't remember what it was called, though. I had mine when I was 8, and I'm afraid two of my kids might need one... My gap never closed, though, so I had to get a veneer between my two front teeth. Your daughter is adorable!