Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lake Powell

Okay, so time for more backtracking to the summer. We left Camden with grammy and the rest of us headed to Lake Powell- our first time on  a houseboat. And we can't wait for a second time. The weather was perfect, the scenery was perfect, the water was glass, and we felt like we had the lake to ourselves.Makenna spent most of her time in the houseboat. She said she was afraid she was going to fall off. And she thought the speed boat went too fast. But she had fun anyway.

Our first toys- proving to be expensive toys...

Makenna and Tyler were thrilled when a snake slithered through their castle, and a lizard used the castle's swimming pool for a little drink.

My first time behind a boat in many, many years.

Russ's first time ever behind a boat. It didn't take too long for him to get up on the wakeboard. But he was too tired to try a ski by then.

Tyler's favorite part of the houseboat- the water slide. He also loved riding in the boat and tubing behind it.


3 comments:

Brenna said...

OH my goodness! This looks so fun. I have always wanted to try this. So your toys worked out great ha? That is so funny that a snake and lizard used their little playground. I need to call you. Are you going to see everyone at the IronMan next weekend? I totally want to. What time do you have church? I guess I could just e-mail you, but I was already on here.
love ya, Prot.

What's for dinner? said...

I LOVE the lake!! We plan every year to head up to lake powell but have yet to do it. It looks like so much fun!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Oh wow, that was a great trip. I have never been on a houseboat. Looks awesome!