Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Makenna's b-day

Before Christmas is really here, I have to do a little more backtracking. Makenna turned 5 a few days after school started- yeah, like 4 months ago. That was a hard week for me, so the birthday party Makenna and I talked about never happened. And the party that did happen never got posted. So 4 months later, here it is.
I told Makenna she could take one friend to Build-A-Bear since we didn't plan a party. She had so much fun and it was the easiest planning I've ever done! And, of course, she had to have a bear cake, right? I actually made this cake all by myself! It wasn't perfect, but pretty good for me. Thanks Rachel for teaching me how to do cakes!

I love this picture of Makenna. She was sooo happy to get this "Tink" necklace that I paid like $2.50 for.

Makenna and Brielle both picked a pink tye-dye-ish bear-- they had to have the same one. My picky personality really wanted them to get a cute tan bear or a white bear. When they were sold on pink, I tried to tell them they had to pick pink clothes so it would match. But Makenna was totally thrilled with her pink Tinkerbell bear. Yes, I'm a little too anal about these things. The girls were perfectly happy.

1 comment:

lvs2dance said...

i am laughing right now! I did the same thing to Ana (minus the build a bear) we talked about this great party and then never did it...what a crappy parent I am! I am also the same about trying to convince the kids to pick things that I myself would pick. You should see how anal I get when I try to help them with their craft projects.